Blog, honey--I swear, it's not you. It's me...
Sigh. I have actually started to forget that I have a blog. My hope is that this is a temporary condition, as I do so enjoy waxing poetic about my observations, opinions, and experiences. Unfortunately, what had already promised to be a crazy time--what with classes and recital planning--has turned into two months of insanity. An unexpected trip home for my grandmother's funeral, an impulsive, albeit brief President's Day sojourn, and now a raging sinus infection have all thrown wrenches into deadlines, preparations, and other such necessities. Things are getting ever so slightly away from me, and I'm definitely struggling to keep up. Add to that the fact that when I actually have my recital, even if things are prepared and running smoothly, my apartment is going to be full of people. And it's small. Sigh. Thank God it's spring break next week. At least I'll have a minimal amount of time to play catch-up. And in the meantime, until April 3, please content yourselves with reading from my archived blogs. No, scratch that--read something good. Like a novel. I would suggest White Oleander. I just finished it a few weeks ago, and it was excellent. The subject matter is heartfelt and harshly real, and it's written in beautiful, sensual, haunting prose. How was that for a mini-review? Okay, enough meandering. I have things to do. Oh, and here's the obligatory recital plug:
Monday, April 3, 2006
8:00pm Williams Hall
New England Conservatory
There may be snacks afterward. But I'm not making any promises.
Monday, April 3, 2006
8:00pm Williams Hall
New England Conservatory
There may be snacks afterward. But I'm not making any promises.

3 Comments:
At 4:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
I loved White Oleander, too. Wasn't our impromptu, Thursday night NPCC jazz-lovin' book club supposed to meet and discuss it in April 2004?
Hang in there. You'll kick ass.
At 9:43 AM,
wendy said…
I remembered that when I stole it from Karissa's bookshelf. Remember that poetry exchange we were going to do back in the winter of 2005-2006? :)
At 2:16 PM,
Anonymous said…
Ah, yes. Ye ol' poetry exchange. Hm. Let me get back to you on that.
Oh, and as I recall, White Oleander was Karissa's pick, no? I guess her excuse could be your bookshelf heist.
Post a Comment
<< Home