Le Jazz Hot

Ruminations, rants, and raves of a female jazz singer, grad student, ex dancer, and compulsive reader.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Hmm. But change is good, right?

It's December 23. The night before the night before Christmas. My activities for the first non-working, non-churching, non-classing, non-practicing day in months? Went to bed around 5am, woke at 10am, 12pm, and finally, 2pm. Made lunch, ate lunch, compulsively checked email, watched parts of Return of the King. Took a nap. Woke around 6pm and took a shower. Ahhh, nothing like a fabulously indulgent shower after a fabulously indulgent day. Also, nothing like brushing your teeth way later than you should. Makes your teeth feel extra squeaky. Well, mine at least. 8pm, dressed and bundled to fetch last minute things (i.e. cab cash, chocolate) before Sunday, as all activities tomorrow will be limited to before 2pm. Looked for my keys. Did not find them. Cursed, yelled a bit, became frustrated. Still did not find my keys. Roommate's boyfriend came home with roommate's keys. Borrowed them, and went outside for the first time today. It's a lovely forty degrees, which feels excellent (said like Mr. Burns). Now it's 11pm, and I am eating the best pork chop I've ever cooked, accompanied by perfectly prepared lima beans. I've been reflecting on my activities for the next two days, and have concluded that this will be the weirdest Christmas I've ever had. Tomorrow, I will be at church from 2pm until sometime after midnight, and Sunday I will spend about twelve hours in airports and in the air. Weird. Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that your weird Christmas was my weird Christmas, albeit the west-coast-turned-Midwest edition. Hopefully our parallel lives will continue to break geometrical bounds, allowing us to cross paths again. And again. And again. Miss you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home