It's beginning to look a lot like...
Winter. In Boston. Which, for people like me who have very few sentimental feelings about snow--sucks. I'll just never understand how people can think fondly of cold, sharp, wet stuff driving insistently into your face. Or how about the immense, great lake-sized slush puddles in the gutters at intersections? You practically have to walk half a block to the nearest drain and cross there. Where are my hip-waders? In other news, the Django Bates concert was last night. It went really well, and was one of the most fun concerts I've ever been in. The audience seemed to have a great time, and we received a lot of positive feedback. All stress from having to learn ridiculously challenging music in a short period of time aside--it was a great experience, and a lot of fun. And, after having spent several hours in the presence of a funny Brit, my new favorite word is: "wonky," which I believe means "out of sorts, or weird." Now I'm off to walk/skate/wade home from work in the delightful slurpee outside. Cheers!

2 Comments:
At 2:18 PM,
Jenny said…
I don't care what you say, Wendy, snow is the greatest! It probably has something to do with the incredibly boring "50 degrees and raining weather" we have over here EVERY DAY. But there is something about snow----it's pretty, it's fluffy, it makes you want to stay inside and drink hot chocolate or anything hot....and sing christmas songs. *sigh* I love snow.
At 2:58 PM,
wendy said…
Just to clarify, snow CAN be pretty, fluffy, and induce you to drink hot things... but in Boston, in the city, it can also be blinding, so cold you feel naked in enough bundling to warrant the famous words, "Mom, I can't put my arms down," extremely dirty, tainted with all manner of grossness, packed into walls higher than you can see, and narrower than two people can squeeze through, and deep enough to lose your boots in. Just so you know... and I'm not terribly bitter about it... just a little. But, I give you my full permission to view the offensive precipitation through your western washingtonian's rose-colored spectacles. Enjoy your hot chocolate. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home