Le Jazz Hot

Ruminations, rants, and raves of a female jazz singer, grad student, ex dancer, and compulsive reader.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Jazzconnect Vocal Jazz Online Competition

So here’s the deal on the voting for the competition. It’s actually a fairly involved process, and your scoring (for me and everyone else) will only count if you go all the way. This being said, I know how busy everyone is, so I obviously don’t expect everyone to spend lots of time voting. But, if you have the extra time between now and December 26, and you think you’d enjoy listening to a bunch of jazz singers and rating them accordingly (Jenny, this one’s for you!), then by all means, go to this link:

www.jazzconnect.com/competition/

You’ll have to follow the registration process to get your password and be able to login. You also will have to download realplayer to listen to each contestant’s tracks. Once you’re in there, you’ll see a link for each singer (including a link to their website), and the option to listen and vote. In order for your judging to count in the final tally, you must listen to and vote for at least 30 singers. You’ll be scoring them on diction, intonation, interpretation, and phrasing. Be honest. They’ve made it clear to us that attempts by contestants or their friends to vote themselves up and everyone else down will be disqualified. So, since most of you are singers or instrumentalists, take this rare chance to get to say exactly what you think (via a multiple choice form) about each singer you hear. Also, you can only register with one email address. There have been contestants in the past who have manipulated the voting by using multiple addresses, and it’s just bad news. (As if you have enough time to vote 30 times more than once, but I thought I’d let you know).

Wow. That’s a lot of work. But if you have the time, and want to do me a favor and listen to a wide variety of jazz singers, then do it! Let me know if you have any questions. And thanks in advance!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hey, I put a link to your blog on my blog--I hope that's ok. I'm also judging people now--I've done about 10. But considering I do NOTHING at this job, it gives me something to do...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home