Express, my ass!
I almost cried today. That's right, I almost bawled like an infant in a united states postal office. So after busting my butt all week to gather and record the materials for the IAJE Sisters in Jazz Competition, I finally made it to the post office. I arrived around a quarter of 11:00am (fifteen minutes before work), waited in the lengthy line, filled out my label, and got to the counter. After all of that was entered into the system, the man said "Ok, so this will get there on Saturday.
Me: "excuse me, what?"
Him: "Saturday."
Me: "um, this is Express mail, right? I need it to get there tomorrow."
Him: "Well, some locations don't have overnight capacity, and this is one of them."
Me: PANIC "um, is there anything else I can do?"
Him: "Well, you can go to the UPS store or FedEx and try there."
Me: STILL PANICKING "ok, well, thanks anyway."
Him: "Um, you still need to pay for the envelope."
Me: SIGH "ok."
(I run to Newbury St.)
Me: "Um, can you tell me if you can get this to Manhattan, KS by tomorrow?"
Her: "Sure can"
Me: AUDIBLE SIGH OF RELIEF "ok, that's great."
(fifteen minutes of packing and re-packing, discarding USPS envelopes and buying new UPS envelopes later...)
Her: "Ok, that's gonna be guaranteed for delivery tomorrow morning at 10:30am."
Me: "Thank God."
Her: "That'll be $23.00. Would you like to donate $1 to Toys for Tots?"
Me: "Might as well."
So that was my relaxing morning. Yup. But all is well, because I'm done with the application, I'm done with midterms, and things will resemble ormalcy for the next few weeks or so. I hope. In the meantime, I'll try to break the recently acquired habit of falling asleep upside down on my bed at my computer (my laptop is on a stand at the foot of my bed for optimal sleep-inducing movie viewing) doing copywork or internet research. Not such a great position. Maybe I'll sleep for real tonight. Riiiiight....
Me: "excuse me, what?"
Him: "Saturday."
Me: "um, this is Express mail, right? I need it to get there tomorrow."
Him: "Well, some locations don't have overnight capacity, and this is one of them."
Me: PANIC "um, is there anything else I can do?"
Him: "Well, you can go to the UPS store or FedEx and try there."
Me: STILL PANICKING "ok, well, thanks anyway."
Him: "Um, you still need to pay for the envelope."
Me: SIGH "ok."
(I run to Newbury St.)
Me: "Um, can you tell me if you can get this to Manhattan, KS by tomorrow?"
Her: "Sure can"
Me: AUDIBLE SIGH OF RELIEF "ok, that's great."
(fifteen minutes of packing and re-packing, discarding USPS envelopes and buying new UPS envelopes later...)
Her: "Ok, that's gonna be guaranteed for delivery tomorrow morning at 10:30am."
Me: "Thank God."
Her: "That'll be $23.00. Would you like to donate $1 to Toys for Tots?"
Me: "Might as well."
So that was my relaxing morning. Yup. But all is well, because I'm done with the application, I'm done with midterms, and things will resemble ormalcy for the next few weeks or so. I hope. In the meantime, I'll try to break the recently acquired habit of falling asleep upside down on my bed at my computer (my laptop is on a stand at the foot of my bed for optimal sleep-inducing movie viewing) doing copywork or internet research. Not such a great position. Maybe I'll sleep for real tonight. Riiiiight....

3 Comments:
At 12:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
Now that you're "advertising," when do we get a new post? Express your ass! (Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top.)
At 3:31 PM,
Liz Warner said…
I second that! This is so old news... you need an update! And before you say it - do as i say, not as I do. ;)
At 3:42 PM,
Jenny said…
Wendy! Hi! Thanks for the email. I actually do have a "mind-numbing cube job" so here I am, and I'll probably be here all the time. I miss you very much, it has been a long time! Dalton and I are hoping to take the trek out to Boston for our next vacation (whenever that is..) so we'll see you then for sure. Anyway, glad to hear from you and go check out my blog. It's full of fun times!
p.s. Hi Liz as well! How are things going for you?
Post a Comment
<< Home