Mouse
So I have this odd history with talking about rodents, and having them magically appear in my presence. Years ago, after the waste-of-a-movie, "Mousehunt" came out on video, my family and I were gathered in the living room to witness said filmic spectacle. About half-way through, our previously "bird-catcher only" cat, Katy, brought a mouse into the living room--tail hanging out of her mouth, and dropped it at my feet. She played with it for a few seconds, after which, of course, it got away and hid itself beneath my mom's recliner. Second example: A few months ago, my friend Kelley and I were in my kitchen, and she was telling me about the mouse they just found in their apartment. Seconds later, my roommate came into the room, and saw a small mouse scurry into a corner. Most recent example: My friend Liz visited me this weekend (which, by the way, was awesome of her) for my birthday. On Saturday night, we were watching a movie, when I saw another mouse crawling along the wall behind the TV. I tried to catch it with a homemade trap, consisting of an old tupperware cannister, a lid, and a crushed peanut. I failed. So, things were alright until the next night. We were in my room, getting ready to go to sleep, and after I mentioned some new woe about my current apartment, she said something like "oh well, at least the mouse isn't in here." Of course, minutes (or seconds, I don't remember) passed, and I saw the vermin culprit try to escape behind some recently packed boxes, and plastic grocery bags. Since one of us was going to have to sleep on the floor on my aerobed, we decided to persuade the mousie to get the hell out of my room. Our concentrated efforts eventually got him out from behind the boxes, but my ridiculous inability to keep from squealing while trying to trap him in the cannister made our efforts fruitless. He escaped again--under my closed door. Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!! Nine days... nine days... nine days....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home