Birth!
On July 29, 2005 my very pregnant sister, my mother and I drove to a hospital in Anaheim CA for the birth of my latest (and last, for a while) niece. We were at the hospital for about 17 hours, including staying with them until visiting hours ended, so it was a long day, but well worth it. When I first knew that I'd be there for the birth, I wasn't sure that I wanted to actually watch the actual birth. Let me just say now, that if you have the chance to witness a birth, and don't have lamaze or coaching duties above the waist, take it. Watching that perfect little girl coming into the world was the most amazing and miraculous thing I have ever seen. I have been around babies, but I am still in awe, and completely a sucker for this helpless, pink little bundle. Anyway, in the meantime before going back to Boston, I get the chance to play with my two nieces (9 and 6 years old), and try to keep my extremely mischeivous three year old nephew from wreaking havoc wherever he goes. I'm in indulgent auntie heaven, and glad to have the chance. Oh, and by the way, the weather here is temperate, warm in the day, cool at night, and pretty much spectacular all around. At least I have another week before I have to go back to sweat soup in Boston.

2 Comments:
At 11:01 AM,
Anonymous said…
How big was the baby? :) My brother was 23 inches and 10 pounds even --- monster.
At 6:55 AM,
wendy said…
She was eight pounds even, and 20 3/4 inches. She's one of the smaller babies my sister has had...
Post a Comment
<< Home